7 Healthy Scalp Tips for Strong, Shiny Hair
What defines a healthy scalp?
Dr Sanusi Umar said that a healthy scalp is free of ,itchiness, redness, flakiness irritation , pain, acne, cysts, sun damage and excessive hair loss. Bumbs , scabs and redness are signs of inflammation and if left untreated may cause permanent hair loss according to Dr. Sharleen St. Surin Lord.
Ways to get a healthy scalp
There are ways to get a healthy scalp
1. Use gentle hair products - our skin and scalp are sensitive . Using products that contain alcohol, fragrances and harsh chemicals removes the moisture of your scalp that makes it dry and damaged that results to inflammation , dry , irritated and itchy scalp.
2. Gently Shampoo your hair, massage it rather than scrubbing your scalp. This will increase circulation and avoid abrasions on the scalp
3. Wash less often at least 3 to 4 times a week so as to avoid loosing the natural oil of your scalp. This will keep your scalp hydrated resulting to oily hair so as to avoid having a dry and itchy scalp.
4. Take omega 3 supplement like fish oil cause it nourish the hair by stimulating circulation in the scalp and reduce inflammation that causes hair loss
5. Eat more fruits and vegetables best sources of anti oxidants. Oxidative stress occurs when the number of damaging free radicals in the body overwhelms the number of beneficial antioxidants. that lead to health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer, and believed to affect the health of the scalp that cause hair loss.
6.Take probiotic containing at least two strains of bacteria, such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. Lactobacillus reuteri, in a particular experiment , have been shown to help thicken hair in mice. Taking a probiotic may improve the skin microbiome and also promote a healthy scalp.
7. Use a scalp scrub in order to exfoliate the skin on your head.This help remove excess skin cells, oil, and dandruff, and may dilate the blood vessels under your skin, potentially boosting hair growth.
The bottom line is , a healthy scalp leads to healthy hair, so it’s important to pay attention to your scalp.
Join our FB Group (Holistic Approach on hair) with this link:https://www.facebook.com/groups/holis... Visit our website at https://www.djeahairspa.com/ or visit us in Conyers, GA to pick up your selection of natural hair products.Call us to schedule your appointment at 770-679-4657 .
Follow us on Social media: